Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Getting "old"

Recently people have been saying "oh I feel so old" "I just can't do ______________ like I used to, I'm getting too old" "You're to old to do that"

That's just a really bad way to look at life I think. Yes of course you can't do things like you used to, because you GREW UP, and you are SMARTER now. [of course staying out til 2am drinking on a Thursday is bad, you have a JOB to go to at 8am, hello, use your head]

I'm not old, I just have a job now, that I very much like because it pays me.

However, last night as I was taking out my contacts, I saw a grey hair and promptly pulled it [I'm very glad I dyed my hair BEFORE my birthday or it might not have ended so well]. I've been noticing I've had to dye my hair more frequently as of late, and the only thing I worry about when I "get old" is how frequently I'm going to have to dye my hair.

If I dye my hair every 2 months [and that's pushing it] and spend 7.99 [let's make it $9 because of inflation and tax]

Yearly = $54 + 3 hours

Until I die [age 80 is what I'm 401K'ing for a target age] = $2,860 + 159 hours [or 6.5 days]

Ugh. I think that's more scary than anything. And probably by the time I retire, I'm not going to want to color my own hair! $$$ the price of being beautiful :)


xo
A



No comments:

Post a Comment