Sunday, June 8, 2014

Gazpacho

I haven't had any good stories lately. Maybe because I've stopped putting myself in situations where embarrassing things happen.

I will tell you though, the power of a smile and being nice, gets you $40 off new set of tires.

That's neither here nor there.

A few months ago, Elyse's mom was in town and made gazpacho. I'd never had it before, and it was spectacular. So I went to the store and got everything to make it. There are a lot of different recipes. Lots of different ingredients, so I'm excited to try this again a new way too.

This made a boatload so next time I will half it because I'm going to be eating this forever.

7 tomatoes most said 2 pounds 
2 cucumbers
2 green peppers - you can use red or yellow too for different colors
3/4 cup onion - I don't even know who using a measuring cup to measure things anymore, especially onions, but I did not and I should have because I have heartburn or something that does not feel pleasant, I would say half an onion...I did 3/4 of one, and too too much, or maybe I should have blended it more...
4 cloves of garlic - I love love garlic so if you don't, don't use as much
I used a can of tomato sauce
Salt & pepper
And tomato juice to color

       

cut everything and threw half of it in the blender (except the garlic, all that went in the blender)

        

        

It looked something like this. I poured half I to a bowl and added some tomato juice...to color, you'll know when it looks right

        

This. Is not what it looks like, more juice :)
       

And here we are. 
        

The veggies I didn't blend, I cut a lot smaller...bite size, anything that went in the blender, I didn't...depends on your blender size I guess.

So onions more blended, and less of them.

So refreshing, enjoy!
xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment