Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves

Last weekend I read The Fault in our Stars in one afternoon.
A day at the pool.

      

I laughed, I cried but more importantly I feel like I learned a lot from the book. Not only did I learn a lot of new words, I kind of took notes. I wrote notes, I googled words, I creased pages in the book to come back to. This isn't the first time I've taken notes in a book, but it's sure been awhile.

More importantly I felt really good after reading this book (minus the tears, and the anger) I felt good after reading this book. Granted that was over a week ago that I finished, after flipping through the book again, it really makes me appreciate things more in life.

I won't give you any spoilers, but this book made me become so attached to the characters. The writing was amazing, and after I post this I'll probably look up other books John Green has written.  I initially only bought this because (it was recommended to me by Amazon) and the movie comes out in 2 weeks, and I really want to see it. I'm so glad I did. It might not be the easiest read, I had to look up quite a few doctor-y terms, but the book does a pretty good job of explaining everything. PLUS there is a question/answer section in the back to help you understand more. I realize more and more books have these, but this is the first book I think I've ever read through them all because I actually had the same questions....

It would be a hamartia for you to not read.

xo A

Ps. Don't read the authors note in the beginning. I mean I did and forgot about it, but it's more fun to make believe.

My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations.


No comments:

Post a Comment