Sunday, May 18, 2014

365 days.

So yesterday, 1 year ago was actually the day I moved to Florida. Scary right? One whole year. I feel like it's pretty symbolic and I've been thinking a lot about what I would write today. A lot of it seemed too sentimental and sappy. So instead, a list of all the things I miss. Which I can totally do now, because I've been here for a year. I've been compiling this list for awhile, and now seemed the perfect time to break it out. So the formatting is probably whack, but, here goes:

My carpool buddies. I miss our morning chats. Discussing life's problems and which restaurants to eat at. Drinking coffee and karaoke. Saying crazy things that made it into the carpool color note and googling things so we could figure out correct facts.
Let's not confuse this with the actual commute though, because the 13 minutes I have now, is great. Minus all the morning talk shows.

Touchtunes. And playing Who Let the Dogs Out back to back

People knowing that Iowa doesn't grow potatoes

Spur of the moment plans with friends back home.
Hey, we're putting in countertops today, wanna drink wine with me and watch?
Hi you should come visit me. Ok I'll be there for lunch. Oh, um I'm at work now, how about supper? Deal.
Hey grab your broom and tennis shoes, we're playing broom ball on the ice today.
Now everything has to be planned out way ahead of time. Which don't get me wrong I love planning things, but my luck with airports and flights and people in airports doesn't have a great track record.

Eno Vino.
-The cute waiter that would turn the boring news station to ISU basketball and tried to act cool when he couldn't find the station but he kept flipping past it and I never said anything.
-How your could order about 3 things and not be a fattie.
-Happy hour wines were $2 off and above said cute waiter would let you buy another 1 minute before it ended but not pour it until you were finished so you didn't look like an alcoholic
-ALL the appetizers were good

Cheese.

Being in Central time zone.
-TV shows are on sooo much later now.
-Sometimes I feel like I'm really far away
-A lot of people forget (me included) what time it is

Happy Joes Taco Pizza

Fall temperature
-not to be confused with freezing cold, just cooler weather so you think it's Fall
-leaves changing


This little bugger



See I told you this was written awhile ago...look at this little man!


It's been a great year, I'm so much looking forward to the next one, I have so many things to accomplish on my to-do list, that will hopefully shrink my "things I miss" list

xo A

4 comments:

  1. HEY i am behind at catching up on you. but hey carpool!!! i miss that too :( :(
    (valid point about the length of the commute though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe it's been a year already! We miss you too!

    You probably don't miss how annoying it was that the wifi didn't work on PD ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I don't know if I never read this, but I'm finding it extremely funny today!

      Delete
  3. I love following your blog, and most of the things you miss are things I miss about home as well.

    Why would anyone be able to stay up after 10 pm to watch anything other than the news? Central time for life :)

    ReplyDelete