Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Curiosity only killed those in scary movies

If there is one thing I love, it's asking questions. Way too many questions one might say. But nonetheless asking questions is the only way to get answers and it usually make people uncomfortable which is an added bonus.

Today I went to the Ford dealer after work to check out the tires they had.
Within 5 minutes I knew Justin and I were going to be BFF's

I learned:
Where to check the tire size on the tire...because who actually knew it was there (I actually had no idea)
His work schedule and that he works long hours
That he has a dog and a love bird
That dog is one year old (I saw a picture)
He does not make it home at lunch to let the dog out, but he has a girlfriend that does (aww)
The bird talks and sings
He rarely eats lunch
he never works out because he is not motivated
You should have your tires rotated every time you get your oil changed (but most likely every other)

What he knows about me:
I drive a G6
I worked out before I came there
I'm looking for tires

Keep the ball in your court people.

Then he actually showed me the tire report... Bad idea man. There's so much info on those!
What does the speed rating stand for?
Doesn't the type of car determine the speed?
Why are they rated by letter?
Who spends $300 on one tire?
What's tire insurance?
You don't include the tire alignment?! Isn't that required? (It's not, only optional)
What if I put the tires on myself?
Can I keep my old tires?
What's Meet or Beat mean? (If you find tires somewhere else cheaper, they will beat the price by $1)
What's the $120 rebate about?
I have the buy 4 oil changes get 1 free is that like the same thing?

Then. As we knew all the question asking was going to get me somewhere. He directed me to Tirerack.com to find the cheapest tires, then I could print them out, and bring it in and he'd give me the same price.

Bingo.
Sometimes you just need to be obnoxious to get what you want (similar to a child) who just said that?!

So now I'm only debating on the extra $20 per tire for the insurance. They will replace the tires if anything happens to them for the warranty of the tire, (nails etc.) plus free lifetime rotations "LIFETIME?!" Well lifetime that you have the tires. "Oh"

So I think I might stare at these some more so I don't have to go through any more fear landscapes...

       

xo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment