Saturday, August 2, 2014

Cleanse Day 9&10 + 11-19

Yeah yeah yeah I suck. 
I need to find a happy medium. Either I write everyday and get worn out because really not that much cool stuff happens on a daily basis (things that are notable anyway) or...yeah just that top one happens. So I need to find a happy medium. It stopped being fun when I tried to force myself to write all the time. It's pretty tiring being funny all the time (kidding)(not really)

So this past week I've just been evaluating my life (no big deal) cleaning out the excess and re organizing... But literally. 

       
All these shelves used to hold DVDs and now they're expertly hidden in these amazing boxes from IKEA

       

I also recently met with a financial advisor to go over retirement plan and blah blah blah, no one cares about that stuff. Either way, he says I'm in a good place and I'm in better shape than most people he sees (money wise, not fitness wise) so that makes me feel pretty good. He said it's more about educating myself 

Anyway. The 24 Day Challenge is going well. I haven't had processed foods in almost 3 weeks, minimal dairy, no coffee or sugar (I had a glass of lemonade the other day that was sooo good though). The recipes I'm trying are spectacular and I actually have food in the fridge to make real meals. This afternoon I made Parmesan Garlic crusted zucchini and chicken salad with Greek yogurt. While all that was coming together I had rice, leftover turkey burger and spaghetti sauce that I stuffed inside green peppers and baked them. Added some garlic salt, Italian seasoning and onion...sooo good

       

I honestly think just planning out meals and going to the grocery store twice a week has really helped. My produce doesn't go bad because I only plan 4 days at a time (I had a lot go bad at the beginning because I was trying to plan a full week)

I feel great, am eating great, and working out on a semi normal schedule.
Clean eating isn't hard, per say....just takes planning.

xo A



No comments:

Post a Comment