Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bright lights and the big cityyyyyy

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of. I have no energy to write but I'm sure by the end of this post, I will have lots of witty things to say.
                                     
Ugh $100 face value.
We paid way over that. Suckers.

                                     
I can't even tell you the number of people that commented "gosh Alyssa you're just always excited" "you're going to a birthday party?" "Wait what's sweet sixteen?"

                                               

                                    
Times Square-ish and it feels so good
                                              

Brody loves Elmo, so you can imagine my excitement when I found him on the street.
                                              

And my even more excitement when there were two! Silly Alyssa forgot nothing in NYC is free, and shelled out $3 for this picture. Please stay extra long to look at it, so I know I got my money's worth :)
                                             

                                              
The send off at the Sheraton.
                                              

The obligatory Cy photo! (Thanks Syd for the pic)
                       
They didn't really come out together, and were walking really fast. Crutches was going just slow enough I could snap a pic :)
                                             
Gahhhhhhawesome Hoiberg
                                              
Ready to cheer on the Cyclones
                       

        

So it turns out UCONN fans are quite awful. As awesome as MSG was, it really makes me lose hope for people. We sat next to 2 father and sons and were the nicest. A father and son were behind us, and I will truly be surprised if that child doesn't turn out as awful as his dad as much as he was yelling. At everyone.
                                               

                                     

Our seats in the Chase Bridge were pretty awesome. We were technically in the third level but suspended above everyone...almost like a suspended track over a gym.  We had a "glass fence" if you will, in front of us so we could see everything.
       

       

       

       

Michigan State beating Virginia in a pretty awesome game
                                            

After a sad loss and a rainy morning at brunch we made a trip to the Museum of Natural History.
This is Heather and Amanda acting out a scene.
                                            

Quit playing AMES with my heart
      

We went to Barcade Saturday night. They have old 25 cents arcade games along the entire outside of the bar. And then someone thought it would be a good idea to take shots. Pickle backs. Shot of whiskey with a chaser of pickle juice. This is the result.

Hey Alyssa, do you dare me to get on this macaroni and cheese Vespa?
Umm no
Ok I'm going to get on, you take pictures
                                          

I remember my first time in NYC. :)
       

The end of this story is a sad one. Delayed flight, switching airports, not checking in, sleeping in airport, arriving home 12 hours late.

All in all it was a fantastic trip where I met some great new friends, got to spend time in the city I loved, and was able to see the Cyclones play.

Be spontaneous more.
xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment