Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Speechless.

This doesn't happen often. When it does it's usually pretty good. Because I've either backed myself in a corner by pretending I know something, or...the below where I really just don't know what to say.

Here goes.

I'm standing at the parts counter of the Chevy dealer in town and he's quoting me prices for new tires. After he goes to my car to see what size tire I have (because who actually knew that's on the tire for you to find yourself) he state "oooo you have 17" instead of 16" tires"
Ugh so that mean more money right?
"Yup but cars look so much cooler with bigger rims"

Yadda yada yada he finds 2 different kinds in stock, one is $103 another $127
Oh wow I'm actually surprised, I did my homework and I was expecting around $120, what's wrong with the other ones? Why are they so cheap, are they junk?
"No, no both good quality, obviously the more expensive ones are better quality, but both good tires"

Man behind me: "Hey, can I ask how much you paid for that purse?"
Excuse me?
"That purse you have, Michael Kors, can I ask how much you bought it for?"
Oh um yeah, I got it last year it was $180

There are now 4 guys in this lobby area.

"Ohmygosh!" "Whoa" "why did you pay so much?!"
"You paid $180 for a purse? And are complaining about buying tires?!!"

I put my hands up - oooook. Listen.  That. Is not expensive for a purse and I'm not complaining about tire prices.

"I just can't believe anyone would pay that much for a purse"
I mean I'll have it for a long time...
"Not as long as tires! I mean they're good for 50,000 miles"
Service guy chirps in "these are 75,000!"

I'm grasping for words, trying to form a sentence. I fail. I'm defeated.
Even now almost 2 hours later I still don't have a response. I mean this guy can't have a wife because I'm sure she would buy expensive things, and how does he even know who Michael Kors is, in his black Chevy Cruze (yeah I eavesdrop, sue me) psh I feel so bullied.

That's all. Soak it in. Alyssa speechless doesn't happen often.

xo A

1 comment: