Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Don't be a stranger...

This week has been crazy at work. I was in a pretty sassy mood yesterday and went for a run to feel better. Tonight I played doubles sand volleyball. Being active really helps me from being a sourpuss.

Boring.

Onto my new guy story. (I take that back). Onto a new guy story. He's not mine. Which isn't really that great but pretty typical for me. 
I am slowly losing faith in the human race. I was at the airport last last week and waiting outside the gate at a "information booth" reading up on things to do in Tampa. When, I kid you not, 3 people came up to this guy working the booth, requesting when the flight will arrive from Cedar Rapids. Mind you, he is from the Chamber or something not affiliated with the airport, so this flock of people come up and are losing their minds about when the flight is arriving and I snap back "Cedar Rapids is arriving 15 minutes late!"  

So naturally this guy comes up to me asking how I know about Cedar Rapids. (There are 3 total flights coming in at that time of night. And the other 2 are in another terminal)(but I was in baggage claim...sooo) anyway he's originally from CR and picking up his mom, yadda yadda, talking about flights home for Christmas, Hawkeyes, Cyclones, he lives in Naples, and we realize we are on the same flight home for Christmas. A miracle right? You're thinking, Alyssa, this is fate. How awesome is that? False. This man is also at least 42, fine, great, not happening. I mean we obviously exchange numbers (don't even ask. When guys are obviously trying to get my number I refuse, this guy seemed legit)( and he was renting a car to get to the airport and said he'd give me a ride if I wanted)(yeah yeah, stranger danger)

Forget about this guy completely. 2 weeks go by.

Minding my own business.

He texts me this week and tells me he moved his flight up 3 days and if I could to.
Errr nope I have a job that I must be at.
I'll be in Fort myers on Wednesday, do you want to meet up for lunch?
Uhh lunch really isn't good for me, especially before the holidays, I'm just really busy
Do you want to meet at Coconut Pointe in Estero for drinks sometime? BTW Iowa/Iowa state game is Friday, both teams are ranked in the top 20
I'm just really busy, now just isn't great, but maybe another time
Don't be a stranger.

End conversation.
Who says that?! Don't be a stranger. Strangers say that, that's who.
Also thanks for the current events update.

I'm obviously still feeling a little sassy...
xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment