Monday, December 16, 2013

Glitter jars and iPads

Ugh. So I wrote this last last week.

We're doing secret santas at work with a $5 limit. Tough.
So I used my creative brain and made some pretty sweet jars. Glittered of course. So not only am I and my table covered in glitter, iPad is too. It's ok, it's pretty.

I bought a 3 pack of jars at Marshall's for $8 and some stickers at Michael's. I have the glitter, glue, paintbrush, and clear coat from previous projects.
       

This is just pure lazy, but less messy. I squeezed the glue right on the jar after I put the sticker on. I thought about glittering just the letter...but that just wasn't enough. The outline turned out to be pretty sweet.
       

       
After spreading the glue around (I just did about 3/4" around the outside of the letter) I sprinkled glitter on and shook off the excess. I let it dry awhile before peeling the sticker off, I was a little worried I'd have a hard time getting it off, if it was completely dry.

       

And complete!
       

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment