Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Riding in Cars with Boys

I'm going to start this off by asking, why didn't any of my friends in high school tell me how big of a creep I was when I stared at cars/people when driving, or made you speed up to check out a "hot guy" that just cruised past us. 

I'm not sure why, when I'm driving I do it...because it's funny? Maybe.

It's not. It happened to me today by some high schoolers in their parents Nissan 370Z coupe. To make matters worse we were stopped in traffic and I was losing my mind laughing uncontrollably at them for slowing down. I was checking out the car, I'm sure they thought I was checking them out ( I was not) they looked 15. 

So now we're playing this tag game of if I stay far enough behind you I'm fine, or I can speed up and be in front of you. But then they pulled in front of me and I had to turn anyway. Game over. Except they turned at my turn. So now I look like the stalker right? Following these 15 year olds around. Turns out they were going to the mall to hang out by the fountain and eat Auntie Ann pretzels with their allowance. Nonetheless. They honked at me as I drove by. 

I won't lie and say I'm not flattered, it gave me a good laugh. And I'm probably still going to tape someone's number to the car window on a long drive, but I digress, it's still creepy, especially when you're in the car by yourself.

Now, if you've learned nothing from this post yet, here is a key takeaway: be less creepy when driving! Don't stare!

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment