Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March Madness =

OSCARS (I mean and basketball, but let's be real Oscars come first)

I've been prepping for the Oscars for the past month when I first went to American Hustle. I have fallen off the wagon, but have seen quite a few of the nominees and let me tell you (I'm writing this during) whoever wins, I saw some great movies. You NEED to see Dallas Buyers Club. Right now. I amazon rented it on my iPad. I cried at almost every movie I watched (ok every one)(apparently I'm emotional) Gravity, the Croods, Great Gatsby, Despicable me 2, 12 Years a Slave, seriously I recommend all of those. I also saw American Hustle which got a little long, and Captain Phillips...not my favorite, good but I own it now...so if anyone wants to borrow, let me know.

This is where I am and have been ever since I fried myself at the pool today since about 4:00 watching Red Carpet. All you Central time zoners suck, because the awards don't get over til 11:30.
                        

So I've highlighted all the ones I've seen, and starred the ones I think will win. Some categories I haven't seen any movies in, or not enough to make a good guess.

Ellen had a great opening, I really think that is the best part of the awards shows.
[insert YouTube video of Ellen at the Oscars] oh wait iPad won't let me do that. Go find it yourself, it's worth the watch.

(ok here it is)


Best Supporting Actor went to Jared Leto from Dallas Buyers Club. So good, who  hoped would win and gave an amazing acceptance speech.

Achievement in costume design Catherine Martin for Great Gatsby. Amazing costumes
Achievement in makeup and hairstyling Dallas Buyers Club. As of now I'm 3 for 3 predicting.

Best animated short film went to Mr. Hublot

Best animated film went to Frozen. I never made it to the theater to see this but heard it was amazing, Croods was pretty good too.

Achievement in visual Effects went to Gravity which was amazing (I guessed Iron Man 3 even though I hadn't seen it, just because, I mean it's Iron Man)

Best live action short to Helium. Best Documentary short to The Lady in number 6: Music changed my life. Best Documentary Feature to 20 feet from Stardom. Best Foreign language film to The Great Beauty.

Achievement in sound mixing and sound editing to Gravity x2

Best Actress in a supporting role went to Lupita Nyong'o for 12 Years a Slave, as it should. Amazing.
It is also at this point the "commercial music" is actually from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it, anything you want to do it, want to change the world, there's nothing to it...
And then Ellen bought only 3 large pizzas, and started handing slices out. But didn't have any cash to pay. Man I love Ellen.

Best achievement for Cinematography and for Editing went to Gravity (x2)
And actually all the music between is from different movies! Hmm I like. And an awesome tribute to the 75th anniversary of Wizard of Oz

Best achievement in production design to Great Gatsby (I picked right!) so amazing, I also own too and willing to loan :)

Best achievement in music original score to Gravity
Best achievement in music original song to Frozen, Let it Go with such a cute acceptance speech

Best achievement in adapted screenplay to 12 Years a Slave
Best achievement in original screenplay to Her
*we have now hit the 3 hour mark and when the Oscars should be over and me in bed*
Best achievement in Directing to Gravity

Best Actress in a leading role went to Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine (which I never saw) and kind of want to see it once it comes out

Best Actor in a leading role went to Matthew McConaughey for DBC!!!

Best Motion Picture of the Year went tooooooo 12 Years a Slave!! So good, go see it now.
Then I went to bed.

And this has been the 2014 Oscars, with yours truly
xoxo A

Do I think people will read this? Not really because that takes serious dedication, especially if you watched the show...why did I do it? Well I'm not really sure but by now it will take too long to delete instead of publish.






No comments:

Post a Comment