Tuesday, August 27, 2013

An ode to my Lands' End tote and other random learnings

Last week my thermos.

This week my beloved Lands' End tote.

When will it end?! (I can already hear my dad saying "Alyssaaa take better care of your things" you know, in the dad voice that makes you snap back "ughhh I know daaaaad!")

This time it was not my fault. (And by it wasn't my fault I mean it was not, completely my fault...) I went to the beach Saturday and brought my zippered lunch bag cooler with ice and adult beverages and stowed it in my tote along with my other beach things. Apparently when I got home I never unpacked it and the cooler leaks causing water to sit in the bottom of the bag. Well everyone knows when water sits it evaporates but eventually molds if there is enough water (and I love ice...)

Exhibit A - yes it's mold I swear
                                               



And let's be real. She's 3 years old. I carried this tote to work almost every day for 3 years.
It held my lunch, gym clothes, groceries, supper ingredients, overnight bag, drinks, used as a cooler, drug through the sand, beach bag and basically anything else you can imagine.

I didn't want to part with her so like any normal human being, I threw it in the washing machine (even though it says not too) I figured it wouldn't hurt. And it didn't hurt. But it didn't help.

                                              

So now on top of the mold, it's a wrinkled mess. So lessons I've learned this week.
1.) mold does not simply wash out

2.) indeed I cannot fix my bathroom sink stopper. Christopher, unfortunately you were right. However I'd like to see the guy that comes to fix it not have problems either. Stupid rusted nuts.

                                           

3.) my range membership ended yesterday, so I went in one last time.  I'm decent, however you'll notice some strays, so in a zombie apocalypse, you'll want me on your side only if the zombies aren't walking.... (I just finished season 3 of the Walking Dead this weekend)

       

       

4.) flowers will always put a smile on your face. Even if they're in a beer glass because you can't find a vase.

                                             

5.) the entire country of China spans 5 time zones, but is all on the same time. 

6.) India's time is a half hour off because they span 2 time zones, and to make it more even, they went halfway in between.

Learn something new everyday.

Ps. I think I'm going to upgrade to the long handled version of the tote :)
http://www.landsend.com/products/medium-open-top-long-handle-canvas-tote-bag/id_232462?sku_0=::E6U


xo A










1 comment:

  1. you GOON why didn't you ask us non-apparel folk how to clean that sucker?! you can't wash it!!

    ReplyDelete