Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cold oats

This Saturday was the Iowa State/Iowa game. I got together with some other alumni awhile back and decided we would all meet for the game. The "Iowa alumni club" of Fort Myers extended an invitation to us Iowa State alumni to meet at Ron Daos, a pizza place, to watch the game together.

When I pulled in the parking lot, I thought this might have been a mistake. Almost every car in the lot had Hawkeye flags or license plate covers or a sticker. It was a sea of black and yellow. Fortunately everyone was really nice and only semi rolled there eyes when Nicole and I cheered.

       

Unfortunately Iowa State lost, but there's always next year.

Today was going to be a beautiful pool day. Until this.

                                              

       

I couldn't have had my eyes closed for more than 5 minutes and it got super nasty and overcast.  Sadly it never rained, so the day was completely wasted on overcast.

So I decided to make breakfast for next week instead. I found a recipe online for cold oats and decided to try it.

1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 container Greek yogurt
1/3 cup milk
Honey for sweetener (I'm not a huge Greek yogurt lover, so I need some extra sweet)
Tablespoon of chia seeds (I actually haven't bought these yet because they don't have them at Publix)


Mix the top ingredients together. I use small Tupperware containers and I always make two at a time because I've been buying the individual yogurts. 
Lately I've been using red raspberry preserves (1teaspoon) and fresh raspberries, because they're really good right now. But! I have maple syrup and blueberries for later this week.

    

Mix together. Then add your fruit on top.

   

When I get to work I add granola on top otherwise it's a little too mushy for me...

I use the individual yogurt cups for now so I could find a flavor I like. I've tried Raspbery, Vanilla and Honey which are good. But have a Caffe Latte or something that tastes absolutely horrible. And Friday I had Pomegranate which did NOT say Fruit on the Bottom. But indeed it was. Nothing is worse than that awful noise of stirring yogurt. Blecchhh.
                                                  
   

Luckily a coworker offered to stir it for me (I respectfully declined, although I know she would have) 
It was awful.
One of those moments where you keep eating it expecting to get better. Or not really tasting it, just swallowing. Still awful.

Either way it's a filling breakfast and healthy.

Lots of good things coming this week!!
xo A










No comments:

Post a Comment