Saturday, September 28, 2013

You're Crate!

I've been working on too many projects at once, but finally finished the crates for the bathroom.

                                    
   
I didn't really need more storage, just needed a table or shelf in that spot, and I love them. I had them for about 2 weeks before finally deciding they needed stained. I still had stain leftover from the necklace hanger & cup thing I made and figured it couldn't hurt.

Side note. Did not make these :) bought at JoAnns unfinished for $12-$15 or something

I get really antsy about staining things so I ended up with 2 coats because I'm always worried its going to dry too fast and get goopy.

      

      

I was debating whether or not to polyurethane them or not. Shiny not shiny.
When it was brought to my attention, I should seal them because of the moisture in the bathroom might not be great and over time they could warp.
Moist.

So I clear coated them. With a foam brush. Idiot. So it's a little bubbly in some spots, but overall look good. 

       

Glad I can put everything back in them that's been scattered on the floor all week (let's be real 1 1/2 weeks).

                                      

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment