Friday, July 11, 2014

Crates on crates

So here are the crates I painted for the nursery, they didn't take too long, but it was too hot to paint outside so all of it happened in my dining room. And smelled like paint a long time. And when i say it didn't take long to paint them, i mean it didn't take a long time to do the actual painting, it took longer for the motivation to paint them (a mama in labor is good motivation). And when I say it didn't take long to do the actual painting, that's also a lie, it did. Apparently I only own one foam brush so I had to wash out and dry in between each color. But I did watch a lot of Scandal during the process. I would include more pictures, but it's pretty self explanatory and I can't find all the pictures because they are on 3 different devices...

I just bought unfinished wood crates from Home Depot, shipped right to my house, (the ultimate lazy shopper) and used leftover white primer paint from the wall stripes to paint the outside.
     

Then I used the colors I painted the boards with...
     

And painted the inside of each one. And as you'll notice the whites smudged a little, so I just had to go over some parts again. What took so long was the 2 coats of everything, and the running out of yellow paint half way through.
                                             

All 4 complete!
      

Quick and easy storage. I think when she gets older, they will throw some screws in them so they are more stable and don't fall over, because right now they're just stacked.
     

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment