Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Continue at your own risk...

So you know when you look up things on google you always get images? And sometimes you have to flip through them real quick because they're disgusting? I'm adding bug bites, to that list.
Ever notice how when you're sick you'll spend any amount of money to make you feel better? Kleenex for $5 because it comes with an actual aloe plant...

Well I recently got into a bit of a situation with noseeums. Said just like it sounds. Sand flies. Lots of other names. My legs are COVERED. So painful it was hard to sleep. I went to walgreens and spent $30 on anything and everything I could think of.

This was Sunday afternoon
                                                 
This is Tuesday night.
        

I was reading up on them, and said the pain intensifies if they're close together. I've got an outline of the Big Dipper in 12 bites on my ankle alone. And that's just the left leg.

        

Am I asking you to feel sorry for me? No. It was my fault for wearing shorts and sandals past dark in the grass. I'm only posting awful pictures of my legs (embarrassing) to show you how an oatmeal bath can change your life. Please instantly think of wonderful yummy cinnamon breakfast foods. 
It's actually nothing like that. But about 1% of me was hoping this powder packet would lead to a bathtub full of hot oats. While it was none of those things, it did drastically reduce how much my legs itched for about 12 hours.

                                           

I mean it was either that, or the 900 degree water I was soaking in that killed all the nerves in my body and could no longer feel it. Either way it's a win.

xo A


No comments:

Post a Comment