Sunday, November 3, 2013

Glitter wine glasses

I found these online and wasn't completely happy with how they all turned out. You'd think anything with glitter I would love. But not the case.

Instead of using Mod Podge I mixed 1 part glue with 1 part water and stirred. I taped off the glass and started "painting"
       

Once I had the glue painted on one glass I sprinkled glitter until the glass was covered.

       

       

Once they were dry to touch, I glue painted over them again and let dry overnight. I bought a spray lacquer as well and sprayed them so they can be hand-washable now. I took the tape off after everything was dry, seemed the best idea to me and very little glitter came off with the tape.

I really like how the above one turned out. The two that look like they're dripping seem weird to me. I also made two non-stemless glasses and just glittered the bottom, they turned out a lot better.

        

My kitchen table is still very glittery, but I kind of like it so I'm leaving it for now.

xo A




No comments:

Post a Comment