Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Knobs

It's amazing what something as small as cabinet knobs can do for the kitchen. In Florida, almost all kitchens I looked at were white. White cabinets. White drawer pulls. White knobs. White appliances. White floors. White walls.
Too much white.


So obviously I added some color with different decorations...



Still not good enough.
I've been looking on Pintrest for awhile to find ideas of what I could do besides paint. And it came to me. Get rid of those nasty white knobs. They're cheap right? and you don't need that many (that is a small misconception, they're a little pricey especially when you need 19. 19!! who would have thought?)


I honestly think it looks a million times better. Literally one million times better. And say what you want, this wasn't the best "investment" - it's not like I'm going to take them off and put the white ones back on when I move, unless the next place needs Satin Nickel to spice it up.  But they make ME feel better. (and now I can change the two in the bathroom that have brown hair dye on them, it's a win-win)

I also learned that the reason cabinet pulls come with 2 different sizes of screws, for the drawers of course. And to think, all this time I thought somewhere people just had really thick cabinet doors....

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment