Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 2 Paleontologist training

Just call me Ross Gellar

1 glass of water before leaving bed + 10 push ups

For breakfast, same as yesterday, but I actually had an avocado to eat with my 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon + glass of water

2 glasses of water

Glass of water with lunch, chicken salad lettuce wraps. SO. GOOD.
2 5oz grilled chicken breasts, cubed
Half of a granny smith apple
1/4 cup of mayo 
handful of raisins
Romaine lettuce - I used normal lettuce
You could also add walnuts but i didn't have any

Directions:
Cut chicken breast into cubes and place in a bowl. Dice granny smith apple and add to a bowl. Then add 1/4 cup of mayo and mix. Add raisins. Serve on lettuce leafs (instead of a tortilla)
I'm for sure keeping this recipe around, so easy!

3 more glasses of water ( I started to get really bad headaches in the afternoon, probably because I haven't been drinking caffeine, so I upped my water intake)

I put supper in the oven and then did 2 yoga videos



Supper consisted of salmon, zucchini and yellow squash. The recipe called for de-boning a fish. I just started liking fish and didn't feel like that was something I wanted to handle quite yet, so I bought some fillets. I also don't like mustard, so I cut that out too and altered the recipe.

Dressing:
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard (nope)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp minced fresh chives (nope)
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil


Directions:

To make the dressing: It said to use a blender. I don't own one. I put everything in a small bowl and mixed. Pretty simple

I quartered the zucchini and squash, then cut into 2 inch sections and put on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. After I defrosted the fish (because lets be real, I didn't set it out the night before) I threw those on the baking sheet spooned the dressing over the flesh. Again, it said use a brush...I don't have a brush, and I don't think it's really necessary, I used a spoon.

       

I put it in the oven for 25 minutes - and then another 5 while I worked out, it was pretty nifty the way that worked. 
       
Then I payed doubles sand volleyball, and we kicked butt winning 3 for 3.

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment