Monday, January 13, 2014

Listen, with your heart, you will understand

I've been on a hiatus (if you didn't notice)(you probably didn't)

Last week I was still fighting a cold, not feeling the greatest, and when I did feel better, it was nice to spend quality time with friends. I was barely home this weekend, running around town, going to a comedy club, ISU basketball game watch with a bunch of "white haired old farts" as Judy, my adopted ISU grandma said (she doesn't know that, I just call her that), went bowling, played some pick-up games of sand volleyball, and finished some awesome signs/boards for a nursery (more to come later about those).

Anyway. What I was getting at is I've been loving hanging out with friends for the past week.

I told myself, today I was going to write though. Not that I had anything exciting to write about. It was one of those days I wasn't really busy, but I had things to do, and it wasnt a bad day, but nothing amazing happened.

So as I was climbing the stairs (pretty much running to get to the door to set my grocery bags down, because who takes more than one trip?) something amazing happened.

The power of listening and kind words appeared on my doorstep. It's not important for you to know what it was. But it completely made my day. I'm actually still smiling thinking about it now 4 hours later. It's amazing what nice words will do to someone.

So. Your homework. Send a letter, send a text, call, face time, skype, whatever your communication of choice is, and say hi, give a compliment, tell a joke or a story or a "remember when." Life is short. Life is too short for you to "think someone knows you care about them" 


No comments:

Post a Comment