Tuesday, January 21, 2014

SE7EN

My breakfast exploded in the microwave today. It was completely cooked (whew, can you imagine egg all over?) But eXpLoDeD. What if we still typed like tHiS. awful.

Anyway. I also looked up coffee drinking, and although it is Paleo, only black coffee is. So I bought some coconut milk (completely dairy free) and let me tell you, this combination was horrifying. I still need a natural sweetener. I only did half regular, half decaf but drank less than half a cup. I didn't want to overdo it. I was reading last night that coffee (and the sugar I was putting in it) has LOADS of caffeine (duh Alyssa) but actually a lot more than I thought. So I'm going to try and drink less of it, and without white sugar.

Lunch - leftover tuna patties

Supper - Out to Doc Ford's for Mitch/Winnie last supper in FM, I had BBQ Pork with coleslaw, and a salad

So a few things this challenge has made me realize:
1.) I love cooking. I miss cooking. And as long as I have the recipe and all the ingredients (hence Sunday preparing grocery list) I love it.

2.) When I make foods I enjoy cooking, I am more apt to sit at the table and eat, instead of the couch and watch TV, or check Facebook.

3.) Eating healthy-er :) isn't that hard if you have the food (and not junk food) for me it's about finding a balance. Yes I miss chips. Yes I miss potatoes. BUT I didn't have those everyday normally, so having them every once and awhile is not going to be terrible.

4.) SNACKS! 5 meals a day people! Smaller meals, healthier snacks.

5.) I hate this one. Water. We need it. More than you're drinking right now. The water when you rinse after you brush your teeth is just not enough people. Drink more. Don't force it, but drink more. A lot more.

Overall it hasn't been the best experience, but I'm so glad I tried it, and stuck to it (for the most part) because now I know what works for me, and in what ways I can eat healthier.


Big shout out to Papa Bear today :) You're the BEST!
xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment