Friday, January 17, 2014

What is Paleo?

So I think this is the 3 day hump. I feel like I'm in rehab detoxing from meth. My body is freaking out. (mom I've never done meth, I don't actually know what it's like) I want coffee. I can't watch TV because there are too many commercials for pizza, and pasta, and carbs. Just flat out carbs, on every channel. 

I want coffee. And my headache to go away.


Some of you are probably thinking, hey idiot, eat food then. Well, no that's not how a challenge works. You have to keep it going, or people will make fun of you not being able to eat 2 Super Slices forever.
I learned a lot about Paleo over here. "Paleo is based upon eating wholesome, contemporary foods from the food groups our hunter-gatherer ancestors would have thrived on during the Paleolithic era, the time period from about 2.6 million years ago to the beginning of the agricultural revolution, about 10,000 years ago. These foods include fresh meats (preferably grass-produced or free-ranging beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and game meat, if you can get it), fish, seafood, fresh fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and healthful oils (olive, coconut, avocado, macadamia, walnut and flaxseed). Dairy products, cereal, grains, legumes, refined sugars and processed foods were not part of our ancestral menu."


I'll keep it going through the week, and stop complaining from now on.


1 glass of water before leaving bed + 45 calf raises. Middle, heels in, and heels out



For breakfast, 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon and 1/2 avocado + glass of water

2 glasses of water and a handful of almonds

Glass of water with lunch, leftover salmon and veggies from yesterday. This is where today got rough, headache, not hungry, ache-y, really tired. Really tired.

I choked down 3 more glasses of water before supper and snacked on some cherry tomatoes.
Oh. I also had a piece of dark chocolate. 85% cacao and it was so bitter. I wish I hadn't eaten it, but I was told I could.


10 minute abs today.



For supper I made a Strawberry Spinach Salad. (It was supposed to have blueberries but apparently they are not in season)

Ingredients:
Spinach leaves
Strawberries sliced
Blueberries (none)
Goat cheese (YAY DAIRY!)
Honey Roasted Almonds (errr nope, just normal ones)
I mixed everything in a bowl and "the strawberries and goat cheese broke down to create the best dressing"
Topped with grilled chicken leftover from the night before. This magical dressing they speak of, must really need the blueberries, because the only thing magical was the goat cheese. And strawberries. And almonds. Just not together.

I hear people yelling (one person in particular) Alyssa! Goat cheese is dairy! Dummy. You can't eat that!
Yes. Yes thank you for that. I looked it up and although goat cheese isn't paleo, it isn't as processed as most cow's milk products, therefore lending itself to be favored into the paleo way of life (by some). It is however, acceptable for the "primal" way of life/diet/eating lifestyle. I will read more about this later and report back.

            

Then onto sand volleyball, such a busy week!

xo A







No comments:

Post a Comment