Thursday, January 30, 2014

YOU are my sunshine

One of my friends at work is pregnant, and we were looking at nursery ideas awhile ago. Her mom used to sing to her "You are my sunshine..." when she was younger, and found a sign on Etsy with the words and was going to buy it. It was pretty small, so I told her I'd make one for her.

I think this is one of my better projects. She also found out she's having a girl, and she gave me some creative freedom to make one to go next to it on the wall. I enlisted Justin's help, to disassemble the pallet and remove all the nails. And I got to use the saw this time!
                                               

       
So the sign could lay flush to the wall, Justin used a Kreg tool, that attaches screws to the boards at an angle...also you don't see the holes.
And then I painted them white.

                                              
I didn't do a great job of in betweens, but I used Illustrator for fonts and to lay out the words, then used an exacto knife to cut the letters out, and painted.
I'm super excited how it turned out :)

       

The nursery colors are dark and light pink, and grey walls. So I wanted to add some pink in the other one. I painted it out first to make sure it looked normal.

       

And done!
       

Finished size they are 17"x17" or 4 boards wide.
xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment