Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Everyday I'm hustlin'

I'm pretty certain I got hustled at the dentist today.

First of all I didn't feel well this morning, then I had to go to the dentist this afternoon so the day wasn't looking great to start with.

The dental hygienist was nice enough, but kept lecturing me on flossing everyday and the importance of doing fluoride. Well A.) no one flosses everyday B.) I have nightmares about fluoride and brushing my teeth with spit in the 1st grade and those cups of bubble gum fluoride. Sick. After she's done, she does compliment me on my teeth, I think everything is grand.

The dentist comes in and puts on a smiley face acting all girly with me (barf. I'm not here to be your friend, just put your hands in my mouth and let's get it over with). <choice word> tells me I have 4 cavities. 
uhhh Excuse me?!
Yeah the filling you said was chipped must be fixed and you have 2 other fillings that need to be replaced.
Errr so this all happened in the last 6 months? I literally have not had a cavity in 8 years.
Well probably not but your other dentist might have had them on a "watch list" and that's why they never said anything. Also you should get a night mouth guard because you clench your teeth.
Ohhhhh k 
So do you have anymore questions?
Err I guess not.
Ok well <girl that openly admitted she did awful in chemistry> is going to write up your estimate.

                                         


Blah blah blah 73 for this one, 90 for these two, only 33 for this one, and I added the night guard.
-wait. $323?!!!  HAHAHAHA. <straight face> not getting that.
I mean I have one and..
-HAH! Nope.
It really does help. You can pay it in two payments
-I do not need a piece of plastic to sleep with in my mouth
You just really never do know what you're stressed about, could be your job or family or friends or even financial troubles....
-no.


Ok so when would you like to schedule these appointments for?
-hah! I'm not scheduling them today
Oh uh, ok, well the longer you let them go the worse they'll get.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be let out in public.

I literally felt like I was in a bad dream, or an auto parts store where I go in to get new windshield wipers and they try to sell me all this other stuff that I "need" for my car. Like the time they wanted me to buy blinker fluid. ha kidding...

Hustled.
Time for a second opinion.

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment