Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin carving at its finest

This week I invited some friends over to carve pumpkins. I attempted to turn the air down low so it would feel like fall. Fail. With that many people it stayed 76 most of the night. As per usual we get really loud, and the vaulted ceilings really played into our favor. The wood floors were clutch for cleaning up pumpkin guts though...

       

       

       

                                               
This is by far my favorite picture. Mitch and Winnie hard at work carving. Justin searching for a design in the book. And Murphy, playing 1992 Wheel of Fortune on Super Nintendo :)

          

                                    
So this is mine. That I freehand drew off a picture online. It's supposed to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid... Don't feel bad if you don't know, she's not really that great (just kidding I think she's pretty good but I watch the Little Mermaid more than I care to admit...).

       
And of course. The best part about carving pumpkins. The seeds! This year it got really late after everyone had went home and they were clean, so left them overnight to dry on cookie sheets/paper towel. Fun fact of the day - Apparently the Pintrest community says this is the way to go to get them really dried out. Most of us are to impatient to do that though.  

I put them all in a bowl and added 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil (It could be more or less, just enough to cover them lightly, also this was 3 pumpkins of seeds). I removed probably 1 pumpkins worth of seeds and put in a seperate bowl. So the majority I sprinkled garlic salt and normal salt, I didn't want them to get too garlic-y, and spread on a cookie sheet. With the other ones I set aside, I sprinkled dry Rach dip mix on them until they were coated and put on a different cookie sheet. I baked on 250 for 20 minutes, then stirred and cooked for 15-20 minutes, the ranch ones turned a nice golden brown so I took those out and cooked the salt ones a little longer.

They were amazing. All of them. I split them up and this is all I have left of the ranch ones...
       

Side note. It's obviously not as humid here anymore. And I was looking through my closet and found a few dresses I haven't wore yet. So this past week I told myself I was going to wear a dress everyday since it's going to start being too cold in the morning. I lasted 3 days. 
This one is my favorite, who said you can't carve pumpkins and still look classy?

                                              

xo A








No comments:

Post a Comment