Sunday, October 27, 2013

Just a spoonful of sugar...

Ohmygosh are you Mary Poppins? Where's your spoonful of sugar?

Every year my VP throws a Halloween party (and this was obviously my first one). Her house was amazing and decorated so cool/spooky.  I love the movie Mary Poppins so in decided to be her thinking it would be pretty simple. I bought a red trench/rain coat a few years ago and wore it one time. It made the trip with me to Florida, and is perfect.

I had a navy skirt, white top and black boots. So I only needed the parrot umbrella, bow tie, hat and carpet bag. My boss gave me a hat to use and I hot glued daisies and berries on it. As a new hire, Chicos gave us umbrellas on our first day (it was also rainy season) and I took full advantage of it. I looked around for a fake parrot to add to the end but ended up paper mâché-ing one (when's the last time you paper mâché? It's actually really fun...) and painting it. It turned out amazing!

       

                        

I bought some red ribbon for a bow tie and some jacquard fabric that I glued to an existing purse and had myself a nice carpet bag.

                       

                        

        

                                        

       

Happy Halloween!
xo A


No comments:

Post a Comment