Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's official

Today my morning was spent at the DMV, where I became an official-official resident.
                                     
 
Florida insurance. Check.
Driver's License. Check.
License Plates....not check.

What happened you ask?
I went in to register my car with the impression I needed to request my Title from the bank. I was quickly informed that Wisconsin is a "Title holding State" and that I should be in possession of it. Instant panic.
Obviously my thought process is "I never updated my car loan address when I moved/Carsen will know what to do since he sold me the car"

Below are snippets of said conversation:

Would I have the title to the car or does the bank have it?
You should have it, we became a title holding state July of last year
expletive. What does it even look like? Would they just SEND it to me?!
You should have gotten it in the mail, have you asked your parents most people keep them in safes.
But it was in my name so it wouldn't have went home. I'm also very certain I never received it, because it would have been to my Dodgeville address, not Madison in July.

I am 99% positive I do not have it.
I can send you a new one, just need permission to forge your signature
So if someone else has the title to my car what does that even mean?!


If you were living somewhere and got something from the DMV wouldn't you try to give it to that person?
Well I probably wouldn't have opened it
But would you have just thrown it away?!
Yours will be there in a week, try not to lose it

So. Do I need to get a safe to put this thing in?
Hah! No, just don't leave it in your car
Well I keep all my things in a shoebox, is that ok?
Well did you check their for the title?
Yes. I know I don't have it, because if I did, it would be in my car because I wouldn't know better to not keep it there.
I blame Brandon. He probably ate it as a prank.


Even 1,400 miles away he still knows more about my car than me.

Let's. Go. State.

xo A

No comments:

Post a Comment