Monday, July 8, 2013

Chinese Food

I love food.
I really like Chinese food. But I've never found a good recipe until TODAY.
Sweet & Sour Chicken. It's so good in restaurants I never thought I'd be able to make it myself plus I hate frying things.


Yum right?

So I started by making the rice because it usually takes the longest. I'm pretty much a microwave girl, but decided to be adventurous and use the stove. Follow the directions on the box (it almost always explodes in the microwave on me because I use too small of a bowl).

Next I cut up chicken into bite sized pieces and kind of dried it off. I put it in a bowl and then sprinkled a flour/spice mixture to coat all the chicken. I heated olive oil in a frying pan and dropped the pieces of chicken in and flipped until they were done.

And voila!


The sauce is the best part and also super easy. Why you ask?

Because it came from a box. Suckers.


I literally have eggs ham and cheese in my fridge. I don't even have milk, I've been drinking iced tea the past few days.

But really, it was pretty good. I still someone managed to screw up the rice it got way too sticky and a little hard.

Happy Monday
xo A


No comments:

Post a Comment