Sunday, July 21, 2013

Family photo out takes

This past weekend I was at home and it was decided that we needed to re take family photos for the Christmas card because Brody has gotten so big since October and it will be Christmas the next time I'm home.  So everyone planned their outfits based off some family I creeped from Pintrest and these little gems were born.

Nick and Joni have a nice camera so we set up a tripod and Emily Enterprises with assistants Kendra and Blake, snapped pictures. This first one cracks my shit up. I cannot get over how perfect of a Christmas card this would be. If I received this in a card, I would pee my pants laughing and probably frame it. 

                         
None of us remember what was so funny. It could have been Kendra trying to work the bubble machine, or maybe Blake with the pinwheel or Emily standing in the trees taking pictures. Either way it's a classic. We're all laughing and Brody is finally looking at the camera. The rest of the shots are pretty much candids and in no way staged as Em was snapping pictures the whole time.

The candid shots are seriously the best and as I was flipping through them on the plane, I seriously was about to pee my pants (that also could have been the excess of coffee I had)(no one thought it was funny that Nick looks like an absolute loon in half of these or in a better half, Brody is looking at the camera and the rest of us are not paying attention or have our eyes closed)(actually the lady sitting next to me is absolutely pissed at the world)

                      
                      
                      
                      

I mean you just cannot make this up. I'm guaranteed printing all these off and plastering my desk with them like a wallpaper.

It may be the classiest family photo of us because it shows who we really are. I've laughed so hard over the past 3 days reminiscing - we drink bloody Mary's at 3 in the afternoon in the baby pool set up on the deck with 6 inches of water, open Dill Pickle chips for the guests, and pay for professional photos to be taken with a case of Fastco brand soda. 

It's family and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

xo A


No comments:

Post a Comment