Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fish Tacos

**sad yesterday's post didn't publish.

I have been on the quest to find the perfect fish tacos. They are my weakness and I still haven't found any comparable to the best ones I've had.

A little over 2 years ago I had the best fish tacos of my life. I can't remember where it was, B and I went out for supper around Cedar Rapids maybe New Liberty...some little Mexican restaurant. The kind of good that I remember exactly what I was wearing, (wedge sandals, dark khaki shorts, navy ruffle racerback tank) that I had a mini margarita while B had some Mexican bottled beer that tasted awful, and it was like 5:00 so we were the only ones there.

I found a recipe online that I have to try that sounds very similar to these amazing things.

Madison could not compete. I had fish tacos at about 3 different places and none were great.

I had these guys about a month ago at Doc Fords Rum Bar. They were good, but got soggy way too fast. They did have all the right toppings though, they need a good slaw on the inside, and cilantro.

                                           

These. Were the lunch special today. Usually the fish is tilapia, or mahi mahi. These were salmon. And although there wasn't as much slaw as I like, they were amazing, and for only 4.99 with tax, can't really beat that.

                                           

Until next time, or maybe I'll get ambitious and actually make them....

xo A


No comments:

Post a Comment