Friday, July 26, 2013

Tea & Handguns

It's almost the last 1/2 day Friday and a few of the girls I worked with invited me to tea. Don't laugh, it was really cute! There are lots of different tea options, instead of unlimited water, they have unlimited tea!


We tried Pomegranate, peach, caramel, and vanilla chai! The food was really good too.

                       

I didn't want to start getting soft so I drove to the gun range, Shoot Straight. I drive past it everyday on my way home from work, and noticed today was Smith & Wesson Demo Days, and decided, why not?

I walked in and immediately regretted not doing some research first, but I'm pretty good at playing dumb on subjects I have little knowledge in. I spoke with a sales clerk (a Minnesota native!) and he brought me to a S&W rep who shows me a few different guns and we settle on a full size 9mm and a 40 (he also showed me the smaller ones and said they'd have more recoil, and also that I should only shoot the 9mm and none of the 40. Me being stubborn, did not like that) so after I signed my life away I put on my safety glasses and ear protection (I can only think of earmuffs and I know that's not what they're called) and hit the range. 

I was actually pretty nervous, and the dude loaded the magazine showed me how to hold it, and just gave it to me. He literally just handed me a loaded gun. I could have been a crazy! But I appreciated that they trusted me. I handed it back (safety on) and shook my head, so he then actually showed me how to hold it and where to put my hands. My first shot with the 40 was absolutely terrifying. I literally thought my ears were going to blow out and my hands would possibly blow up. I shot again just because I had 5 free ones. One look at my face and he knew I was done, we switched to the 9mm pretty quick. That one was a lot smoother, and once back inside, I told the guy he was right, a 9 is about all I can handle.

I went back to my original sales guy, Cameron and we discussed becoming a member. I told him I wanted to actually learn what to do and he said he would teach me basic gun safety if I wanted. He was really sweet and got me set up with a Glock and ammo, and some targets.
My first 4 shots were in the 10! But then I got cocky because he was still there and hit the 8.

       


                                    

And he told me he'd help me out next time I'm in if I had questions. Plus! Monday is Ladies Night which means I shoot free and only pay for ammo :) 

       
(This member number is SUPER top secret) (aka the date and the number in line that signed up today)

xo A





No comments:

Post a Comment